Tuesday 8 July 2008

Prompt Two Writing

Today is day 2 of Shimelle's class and it is about writing, something I like to do and something that I am not that bad at, unlike Maths or Science which I totally suck at. So here it goes

1. What is your earliest clear memory?
Being woken to be told that I had a new sister. I was nearly 5. My mum doesn't think that this really happened but I am sure that it did. Apart from that I remember being bribed with sausages for lunch on my first day at school because I didn't want to leave and come home. I don't remember anything about school but I remember sulking in the park on the way home because I wanted to stay.

2. What three things seem to take most of your time
a) School - not the fun creating lessons stuff but the boring marking and form filling
b) Crafting - I seem to spend an inordinate amount of time producing "stuff"
c) Currently sleeping and feeling very tired and stiff.

3. If you had one day woth no obligations what would you do with the time.
I would have a lovely breakfast with a perfect poached egg, which would be perfect as I wouldn't be trying to do lots of things all at once so the egg wouldn't get overcooked. I would have a lovely parcel in the mail full of new scrapping things. I would go to lunch at my favourite pub with my husband. I would spend the afternoon creating something and watching episodes of Law and Order. I would watch my stomach move as my baby kicked. I would have a pasta dinner and a glass of red wine (something that I haven't had for several months) and watch a good film with my husband.

4. Imagine childhood you at any age that felt as happy and carefree as you can imagine. What would she do with a day of free time?
Probably read - I was a little bit of a geek like that.

5. How much do you rely on a schedule? Do you wear a watch?
I am an obsessive list maker and always had a plan for every day. Although I hate lateness I never wear a watch (driving Year 12 mad as I constantly ask the time) due to my tendency to lose them.

6. What is your favourite time of day?
When I'm not working early morning 6-7am. I get up early even at the weekend and on holidays. The day always seems full of such promise at that time.

7. Is there a day of the week or a time of the year that you find particularly lovely?
As a teacher I love the Summer - all that time off for fun. But I also love September as it was my Gran's birthday (now hopefully my baby's birthday) and it seems like a time for fresh starts and new beginnings in a way that January never feels for me.

8. What hour of the week would you skip given the opportunity?
That's easy Friday 5pm-6pm which is when we clean our house.

9. Think back to a time before the most recent milestone in your life. How was your day different compared to now?
My life hasn't really changed for the last 5 years - same house, same job and same relationship. Even getting married didn't really change my life as I was already so happy. I can't imagine that the change that the arrival of Pumpkin will bring. The little glimpses that I can imagine seem magical.

10. How do you make time for things that are important to you?
Decide what you want and don't get sidetracked by things that you don't need i.e. TV watching endless internet surfing (although I could probably do with taking my own advice here) and unnecessary house cleaning (not something that I could be easily accused of).

The second part is a schedule of my day. I'll have to finish this tomorrow
1am sleep
2am sleep
3am wake for my now nightly bathroom visit
4am sleep waking at 4.50am
5am doze until the alarm goes off at 5.30am then doze a little longer until James finishes in the bath.
6am get into bath (redecoration means that there is no shower yet). Feel a bit like one of those seals you see heaving themselves onto the shore as I am 7 months pregnant when I get out of the bath. Dry hair get dressed and eat breakfast. Nag James to leave the house before 7am
7am Drive to work. Check my emails and surf internet sites.
8am Prepare for briefing. Go to register my tutor group. Explain several times what the concept of silence during the register actually means. Collect a small fortune in pennies for the activity at the end of term. Feel that this is something that we could actually win after coming last at Sports Day.
9am Teach sweet Year 7 class.
10am Free lesson attach a billion files to an email so that I can print them out later.
11am Teach Year 12 who are a little more awake than yesterday. Watch some of Angela's Ashes.
12pm Open email to find that it was too big to send. Fortunately manage to print documents off in another way.
1pm Eat lunch, surf internet. Horrible indigestion courtsey of Pumpkin afterwards.
2pm Teach Year 8 who are making PowerPoints on Martin Luther King which results in high noise levels.
3pm Drive to MIL to collect husband and drive home
4pm Admire new bathroom suite with mixer tap on the sink (a luxury for me and the only thing that I wanted our new bathroom to have)
5pm Cook dinner (courgette risotto) and wash up.
6pm Use internet. Create this massive blog post.
PLANNED
7pm Watch Law and Order. Craft. Eat choc ice and expensive chocolates from France.
8pm Hot chocolate. Find something to watch on TV
9pm Bed (how rock and roll) Read chapter of book on Mary Queen of Scots
10pm Sleep
11pm Sleep
12am Sleep

No comments: